Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fish night

We are in the last two weeks of our semester in DC...which for dinner purposes, we have run out of some things and not replaced them, making meal planning a bit of a challenge. I decided to make frozen tilapia filets tonight because it's yummy and defrosts in about 10 minutes.  My first plan was to make the tilapia with garlicky lime sauce, but I guess we ran out of garlic. Then I thought about soy ginger but actually we are out of soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. So in the end I grilled the tilapia with cayenne and malt vinegar on top. Pretty unforgettable. 

What was delicious about the meal was this kale dish that I made from our Mark Bittman cookbook. The recipe caught my eye because at the wedding some friends left funny notes on the opposite page. The meal was really easy and delicious - you saute the kale and a tomato for about 5 minutes (with garlic, if you have it) and then just throw in some lemon juice and feta cheese. Done! This one is a keeper. 

And for a dessert treat we had doble varieties of frozen Greek yogurt from the Giant. Poll results: Eli liked them both in their own unique ways. I liked the apple cinnamon one better, the blood orange one was too much like sherbet. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment